Clinical Research Nurse Group
The Research Nurses Group extends an invitation to all nurses involved in clinical research within UCLH/UCL to join the group. We are a diverse team, often working in isolation from other nurse teams, but usually specialists in our field of practice.
The aims of the group are to:
- promote communication & support systems
- assist Clinical Research Nurses (CRN) in their practice
- raise awareness of nursing contribution made to patient care in clinical research
- acknowledge expert practice based on evidence-based knowledge that CRN's bring to care of patients in research
- promote Research Nursing within the Trust
Our objectives are to facilitate networking & collaboration and provide a support / information resource for CRN's & allied professions, and influence local policy development.
What do we do?
- Medical Research Projects - patient recruitment and management and specialist support to the patients and their families
- Review and comment on research protocols
- Prepare ethics / R&D submissions
- Informed consent process
- Support patients through trials as patient advocate / counsellor / carer observations / venepuncture / infusions monitor and manage adverse event